Artemisszió Foundation has been working for more than 15 years to foster solidarity, cooperation and respect for diversity. Our vision is a world where cultural diversity does not provoke fear but rather curiosity, where solidarity and cooperation cross borders of all nature, in order to fight prejudices, extremisms and inequality.
Artemisszio’s Competence Centre provides services to individuals, institutions and companies - in accordance with the Foundation’s social goals. Accordingly, the Competence Centre:
- develops communicational, problem solving and conflict management skills
- develops self-awareness and assertiveness
- supports those in mobility, both in a geographical and in a social sense
- increases the effectiveness of professionals working with disadvantaged groups
- improves cooperation within teams and professional groups
- helps appreciate and exploit the advantages of cultural diversity
The Competence Centre is part of the Foundation’s organisational system. Its profits are entirely spent on maintaining the Foundation’s regular activities.
1. COURSE TITLE: Culture in healing, healing in cultures
DATE: July 22nd-26th, 2015.
KEY WORDS: Communication, cultural difference, holistic approach, medical care
TARGET GROUP: Doctors, nurses, psychologists, birth attendants, and other health professionals
2. COURSE TITLE: Stories from the Field. Intercultural relations in international development
DATE: 4th – 7th August 2015.
KEY WORDS: International development, humanitarian aid, intercultural communication
TARGET GROUP: Aid workers, professionals of international NGOs, volunteers
3. COURSE TITLE: Art, Migration, Adaptation
DATE: 24th-28th August, 2015.
KEY WORDS: Art, migration, adaptation
TARGET GROUP: Trainers, teachers artists, social workers, youth workers